Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Woohoo! First Post... Hollaaaa!

As a long-time lover of all things food-related (restaurants, BBQs, birthday cakes...), I found my general interest in food taking a somewhat different turn after I graduated college. Leaving a situation where meals were prepared for me every day through meal plans and on-campus dining options and entering the "real world" for the first time, I realized I was responsible for creating my own meals.

I could no longer depend on the trusty catering services of my sorority house or my mom's fantastic homemade dinners. My food was now in my control.
Initially I found myself gravitating toward easy meals - Lean Cuisine frozen entrees, quick-cooking oatmeal, turkey sandwiches... well that got really boring, really fast.

Now I love finding new recipes, using fresh ingredients, veggies and fruits to create delicious meals and treats.
Although experimenting in the kitchen is something I truly love, I must say I think there are two foods that are more delicious than anything else in the world: soft serve ice cream and Cheez-its.

1 comment: